What to Expect from Open Beta
It’s good to remember that Beta Builds are a pre-release version of the final software and may be unstable, lack features and generally not function as expected. It’s important you’re aware of this before participating. Open Beta can be fun and hugely rewarding, but it can also be frustrating. If you want to join in the process-welcome aboard! If the Open Beta is not for you, that's okay, too. You can change your mind at any time and return to the version of Palringo you’re used to.
Palringo 8.7 (iOS)
A new way to follow
We're making some changing to contacts in 8.7. Now, you will be able to "follow" another user. This means...
- If you create an account and have not yet set an avatar, an avatar will be generated for you
- Your favourites, blocked and contact list now operate independently. For example, you could be blocked, and a favourite, and a contact!
- The blocked list has its own page, rather than a section in the contact list
- The member list opens the actions dialog
The Universal Message Board (or UMB), is a screen you will see when you open up Palringo. It will display information such as recent updates/improvements, as well as a link to a relevant Blog post/FAQ page detailing features in more detail.
Chat Dock is removed 8.7. We will be replacing it with a much simpler Chat Switching solution. Thanks for your patience while we make this improvement.
That's everything for Palringo 8.7 Open Beta for iOS.
How to Report Issues and Submit Feedback
- iOS (Arabic): [openbeta-ios.ar]
- iOS (English): [openbeta-ios]
If you want to go back to an old build
Palringo 8.6 (Android)
Push Notification Improvements
We've been improving how you view and receive notifications on Palringo. This means that you'll now find a brand-new preview of chat content and a revamped way of displaying all that information. You can even tailor specific settings for how you're notified.
Please note: these features are still in Open Beta and are subject to change.
There are several options you can tweak to customise your experience. We'll give you a quick run-down below. System notifications are completely redone; they now display content text; they show an image if there is only one message received.
- Home Tab > tap the "cog" icon > tap Notifications >
Android 7- : can customise Group and PM notifications
Android 8+ : App Notifications" button that takes you to the system notification channel settings for the Palringo app
Push Notifications (further info)
- In your settings, you can configure what audio is played for a Group Message and a Private Message. For Private and Group messages, you will hear the audio/vibration with the first message received "for each conversation".
- Push Notifications may combine messages together (up to Android 6), meaning that a single notification can contain information about multiple group or private messages
- Muting a Group: The mute control means that you can silence specific Groups. To start receiving alerts from this group again, simply select ‘Unmute’.
Universal Message Board (UMB)
This is a new interface screen that can display when you open the app. It will be used to communicate all manner of useful and important information. All Open Beta builds will use the UMB to display a screen reminding users that they are on an experimental build. It also includes a convenient link that will provide any important testing notes or list any known issues.
That's everything for Palringo 8.6 Open Beta for Android.