Here is some guidance on how best to secure your account based on our experience of issues reported to us in Palringo Support.
What are some of the basic things I can do to protect my account?
- Validate your email: This is a very important one! We use this to identify a user if their account is compromised, and if you're not sure how to do this please read these two FAQs: email validation and how to change your email.
- Remember Palringo will never ask you for your password so never give it out.
- Use a secure password: Avoid using your name or simple easy to guess passwords such as 1234. We are developing more explicit guidance on password strength, but a combination of upper and lower case, letters and numbers is a good start.
- Do not share accounts. Not only is account sharing against the Palringo Terms of Service but it's also a fast way for you to have your account stolen!
Someone just sent me a link to a Palringo promotion, should I click it?
- Be cautious of links you don't recognise especially if they are sent by someone you don't know. Don’t be mislead by offers of free credits.
- Do not under any circumstance enter any information (email or password) into a website you don't know, always check the URL to ensure it is palringo.com
- Palringo will never send you links via PM we use the in-app notification system you will be familiar with from using the service.
Who can I go to for help with my account?
- You can recognise official Palringo support helpers by looking for their tags: Staff, VIP or Agent.
- You can find all support helpers in [palringo support]. Read more about the official groups and what the tags mean here.
- Alternatively you can contact us direct here.
My account has been compromised! What can I do?
- If someone has somehow managed to get access to your account secure your email and change your Palringo password here.
- If you are still having issues contact us here and be sure to include as much information as possible to help us determine who owns the account.